We provide advanced treatments for common deformities and curvatures of the spine including:
- Adult Scoliosis an abnormal curvature of the spine as seen from the front or back view.
- Adult Kyphosis an abnormal curvature of the spine from the side view; curvature usually appears as a hump.
- Spondylolisthesis occurs when one vertebra in the lower back slips forward over the vertebra below it. A lot of cases of spondylolisthesis in adults stem from arthritis.
Treatments for Spinal Deformities and Curvatures of the Spine
- Observation: Observation is recommended for minor spinal deformities and for curvatures of the spine that aren’t getting worse or causing problems. Observation includes visits at regular intervals to check the spinal deformity and ensure it is not progressing.
- Medications: Medications may be prescribed to help treat pain from spinal deformities and reduce inflammation.
- Bracing: Bracing may be recommended for children and teens with curves within a range of severity.
- Injections: Injections may be used to treat pain and reduce swelling.
- Surgery: Surgery may be recommended for severe spinal deformities that cause pain or other difficulties, and those spinal curves that are at risk for getting worse over time.