Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Don't Delay Your CareIf you need care, please contact your doctor now. If you don’t have a doctor, you can find one here.
Please continue to practice the recommended social distancing advice from the Centers for Disease Control to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Redouble hand-washing efforts and stay home if you are experiencing a fever and cough. And, we might reconsider shaking hands with friends and colleagues for the next few weeks.
Please remember to:
- Be thoughtful about using PPEs and other supplies. If you're supposed to wear protective equipment, wear it. But if you're not supposed to use it, please leave it so that others who truly need it have access to it.
- Understand that more supplies are being manufactured. To meet the global need for protective equipment and supplies, manufacturers are steadily increasing their production. In short, more supplies are coming.
- Stay home if you're sick. While we appreciate your dedication, your team members and their families will appreciate your staying home when you are sick.
- Tell your provider if you have traveled to China, Japan, Iran or Italy in the last 14 days and be prepared to self-quarantine. Keeping yourself isolated during this time helps contain the possible spread of COVID-19.
Please know that we want you to be safe and are committed to keeping you safe. If you have any questions about COVID-19, please feel free to talk with your primary care provider.
Do you have symptoms of COVID-19?
Are you experiencing fever, cough, and shortness of breath? If you think you may have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or exposure, please stay at home to protect yourself and others. The best first step is one of our remote resources:
- Engage with our symptom checker chat box. Get your questions answered and be routed to the right care for your unique situation from this page.
CHI St. Vincent Pre-Screening Locations
4419 Hwy 7 North, Suite 201
Hot Springs Village, AR 71909
Our health care providers are in constant communication with local health officials on coronavirus testing. Some of our divisions are offering drive-thru testing services, or outpatient clinics for testing. Check with your health care provider for details.
A test is required in advance of any procedure scheduled in the hospital. Check with your physician’s office if you have any questions. Learn more about how we are resuming services.
Additional information on testing is available through the CDC website.
In accordance with provisions in the CARES Act, the “cash” price for COVID-19 testing is available here. The actual price a patient may pay will likely be lower, as this price does not take into account insurance coverage or financial assistance a patient may be eligible for. Where testing is available at our own facilities it can typically be provided at a reduced cost. If in-house testing is not available, testing may be performed by an outside lab which sets the price for its test. These cash prices are only for the COVID-19 diagnostic testing itself and are not inclusive of the diagnosis and/or treatment of other medical conditions. Charges are continually reviewed and subject to change.