Nursing Pathway Program
Candidate selection for the Pathway Program will be based on acceptance into the AAS-RN program.
Associated in Applied Science in Nursing Selection Criteria
- GPA from required general education courses (minimum 2.6)
- UA Little Rock cumulative GPA (minimum 2.0)
- Grade in NURS 1300 (minimum 2.0)
- Completion or planned completion of all required general education courses and NURS 1300 by the end of first spring semester
Pathway Program Requirements
- Participation in a minimum number of CHI St. Vincent events/programs
- Attend monthly meetings with the CEHP Student Success Coordinator
- Participation in mentoring activities
- Meeting with an advisor and/or tutor in the event of unsatisfactory test scores and/or performance in the clinical setting
- Participate in training at one or more of CHI St. Vincent’s campuses
- Submit an application for employment with CHI St. Vincent prior to graduation
- Employment at CHI St. Vincent for a minimum of 24 months
The department begins accepting applications on January 5. The priority deadline for applications is February 28 for all students applying to the AAS-RN program. The first group of students will be accepted from this pool of applicants. The department continues to accept applications after the February 28 date and will admit additional students based on space availability.
For more information about the program or to apply, visit the UA Little Rock Department of Nursing.