Is Bariatric Surgery Right For You?
- Are you 18-years-old or older?
- Are you more than 100 pounds over your ideal body weight?
- Do you have a body mass index (BMI) greater than 40?
- Or do you have a BMI greater than 35 and weight-related diagnoses such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or sleep apnea?
- Have you tried other medical and nutritional weight loss programs without long term success?
- Are you unable to maintain a healthy weight, even with medically supervised attempts at weight loss?
If you answered yes to any or all of the questions above, you may be a candidate for our surgical weight loss program. Please call our bariatric hotline for more information at 501.622.4567.
Bariatric Surgery Options
Currently, CHI St. Vincent-Hot Springs only offers vertical sleeve gastrectomy weight loss surgery. This procedure involves removing part of the stomach to reduce the amount of food a person can eat. Generally the post surgical patient can return to work after two weeks. To learn more about gastric sleeve surgery, please sign up for one of our free upcoming seminars by calling 501.622.4567 or you can email our program coordinatpr at [email protected].
Bariatric Clinical Coordinator
Natalie will be your initial contact and facilitate your progress through our program - from initial intake to coordinating care and procedures to follow-up.
Jennifer has been working with the bariatric program since its inception. She will work closely with you before and after surgery to help safely modify your diet and incorporate exercise.