CHI St. Vincent Foundation awards nursing, non-nursing, allied health and certification scholarships. Scholarships are available in the amounts of $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $10,000* ($10,000 is for nursing only). The 2020 application process is completely online this year.
The deadline is midnight, May 18, 2020 for coworkers to submit applications.
CAUTION: Before completing the application, we recommend reviewing and gathering the materials needed before sitting down to complete the form. You will NOT be able to save it and come back; the form must be completed in one sitting.
- Applicant must be currently employed (full or part-time) at CHI St. Vincent with a minimum of 6 months of employment as of June 30, 2020.
- Applicants must be a budgeted, benefits-eligible employee; PRNs are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled in or accepted to an accredited program, college/university or technical school and plan to enroll for at least six (6) credit hours.
- All recipients agree to remain employed by CHI St. Vincent for a minimum of one year after receipt of funds. The $10,000 award recipients agree to a three year commitment.
- A CHI St. Vincent co-worker may not be eligible for a scholarship if he/she has been on a work improvement plan or final written warning for behavior or performance between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2020.
- Coworkers who received a scholarship in prior years ARE eligible to apply.
In addition to the online form, applicants will have to upload the following:
- Letter of acceptance or school/program transcripts (transcripts can be unofficial).
- One letter of recommendation or reference from class instructor, CHI St. Vincent leader or administrator.
- Personal essay consisting of no more than 300 words: Why did you decide to obtain this degree or certification? AND How will you use this degree to impact our organization and our community?