Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit (NSICU)
The neurosurgical intensive care suites at CHI St. Vincent Infirmary are equipped with state-of-the-art technology and resources that support and enhance our ability to provide intensive patient care to critically ill patients. Patients admitted to the NeuroSurgical Intensive Care Unit (NSICU) include those treated for brain tumors, aneurysms, intra cerebral bleeding and hemorrhaging, stroke, seizures and other neurological conditions that require close monitoring.
The following are standard accommodations and procedures to meet the needs of family members and visitors of the NeuroSurgical Intensive Care Unit (NSICU)
CHI St. Vincent recognizes the importance of family contact in the healing of our patients. You can contribute to the healing process by providing a quiet, calm and reassuring atmosphere during your visit. The neurosurgical ICU is open from 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. for visitors. We are closed for shift change from 6pm until 8:30pm We reopen at 8:30pm and remain open until 6am We close for shift change from 6 until 8:30am. During the day patients are limited to two visitors and one visitor at night.
- For rooms 1-14, the phone number at the nurses’ desk is 501.552.2526.
- Family members and visitors please use the NSICU waiting room.
- Entry into the NSICU is located at the center main elevators
- Please do not bring food or drinks into the patient rooms; because many patients are not allowed to eat or drink.
- Please no visitors at shift change, respectfully 6:30-8am
- Only one visitor may stay in the room overnight.
The nurse will communicate with you about visiting and will answer your questions.
Waiting Room for NSICU (use the center main elevators to waiting room on the 5th floor
- Restrooms are located outside the waiting room to the right.
- Coffee is provided. If more is needed let the NSICU staff know and they will be happy to make more coffee.
- Overnight accommodations at local hotels can be facilitated by Guest Relations at 501.552.4920.