CHI St. Vincent Auxiliary
Auxiliary and Volunteer Opportunities
Auxiliary members and volunteers may participate in one of the many continuing Auxiliary projects.
Auxiliary – Ongoing Projects
- Safety Town: Safety Town is a five-day safety awareness course for children entering kindergarten that runs for one week in June from 9 - 11:30 at The Anthony School. Several community helpers, including a policeman, firefighter, railroad personnel, MEMS, school bus driver and more, come to speak to the children. Volunteers are needed to help teach the classes, and junior volunteers (ages 12 and up) are needed as teacher assistants. All course work is prepared and training is provided.
- Hospital Grants: All the funds raised by the Auxiliary are distributed to the hospital in the form of grants or as a gift as a result of a request. This was suspended in fiscal year 2009 to fulfill a five year Capital Campaign pledge. As funds are available and needed by any area of the hospital, the Auxiliary Executive Committee reviews the applications and awards the funds.
- Heart Pillows: The Auxiliary donates a total of $4,000 a year to pay for Heart Pillows for the Jack Stephens Heart Center. The heart-shaped pillows are given to patients recovering from surgery, to assist the patients with moving and deep breathing. The Auxiliary is named on the pillows as the donors.
- Baby Gift: Each baby born at CHI St. Vincent during the Christmas season is given a gift from the Auxiliary. Recently, that was a beautiful monogrammed fleece blanket. The monogram states ”Merry Christmas from CHI St. Vincent.”
- Doctors' Day: Each year on May 30th, the Auxiliary honors our doctors, acknowledging their contributions to, and support of, CHI St. Vincent. They receive different gifts or a donation is made in their name to their scholarship fund.
- Nurses' Day: The Auxiliary honors all our nurses throughout the system in different ways, with as many of our members getting involved as possible.
- AHAA Affiliated: CHI St Vincent Auxiliary is a member of the Arkansas Hospital Auxiliary Association (AHAA). It works with Auxiliaries throughout the state to improve patient care in Arkansas Hospitals, and to support the Arkansas Hospital Association and the American Hospital Association. CHI St. Vincent Auxiliary consistently has received the prestigious annual Five Star Award of Excellence.
Auxiliary – Fundraising Projects
- Best Cellar Resale Shop: Located in the basement of the Infirmary and completely run by volunteers, the Resale Shop sells previously or lightly used household items and clothing. Donations are received from the public, hospital staff and friends of the Auxiliary.
- Auxiliary Retail Sales: The Auxiliary sponsors these specialty sales, usually held five times a year. Each sale features various items including jewelry, linens and books. The proceeds are used to supplement the Auxiliary’s Grant Program.
- Dues: Membership in the Auxiliary is renewed annually.
For CHI St. Vincent Infirmary, CHI St. Vincent Morrilton and CHI St. Vincent North:
- To learn more about the Auxiliary at CHI St. Vincent Infirmary and CHI St. Vincent North, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 501-552-3550.
- To learn more about the Auxiliary at CHI St. Vincent Morrilton, call 501-977-2300.
For CHI St. Vincent Hot Springs
- To learn more about the Auxiliary at CHI St. Vincent Hot Springs, email@example.com or call 501-622-1033.