RN Acute Care Transition Program
Our RN Acute Care Transition Program provides an opportunity for nurses to enter/re-enter bedside acute care nursing at CHI St. Vincent.
The program is intended for the RN with an active unencumbered Arkansas license who is looking for a full-time position at the bedside but would benefit from:
• Education on bedside technology such as smart pumps and computerized documentation
• An update on medication administration
• Refreshed IV skills
• A review of physical assessment and nursing process
Nurses are hired for a position on either day or night shift on a Medical or Surgical unit. Previous Intensive Care Unit (ICU) experience is required to be considered for a position in a Critical Care Unit. Upon hire, the RN will begin our six-week transition program including hands-on learning and a precepted clinical practicum on the nursing unit.
Minimum requirements include:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Previous experience as a Registered Nurse
• Greater than 5 years ago in an acute care nursing or experience in a practice area other than acute care such as long term care, a clinic setting, school nursing, etc.
• Active unencumbered Arkansas RN license
*Please note that New Graduate nurses are not eligible for this program and must enter employment at CHI St. Vincent through the RN Residency Program.
For more information contact:
Kristy Fritz, PHR, SHRM-CP
RN Recruitment Coordinator
CHI St Vincent – Infirmary
2 St Vincent Circle
Little Rock, AR 72205
P: 501-552-3738 F: 501-552-4510